Provide students with the scientific basics in nutrition for sports and exercise combining research-based evidence and a practical stand point.
Provide basic concepts on the physiology of the gastrointestinal tract, with special reference to digestion and absorption of foods. Provide basic concepts on energy balance, resting metabolic rate, energy cost of various activities. Provide basic concepts on nutrients, their food source, guidelines for optimal nutrition in healthy sedentary individuals as well as athletes of different disciplines. Provide basic concepts on dietary ingredients, dietary supplementation, the most common dietary supplements used by sedentary adults and athletes and the national and international regulations on production and use of dietary supplements.
Provide basic concepts on eating disorders. Provide basic concepts on the gastrointestinal conditions affecting endurance athletes.
1. Why and how to affect diet in athlets
2. Physiology of the gastrointestinal tract: digestion and absorption of foods
3. Human nutrition general concepts: nutrients
4. Human nutrition general concepts: energy balance
5. Determination of energy and nutrition requirements: calculations
6. Optimal nutrition for healthy sedentary adults
7. Optima nutrition for athletes
8. What to eat before, during and after training and competition
9. Optimal hydation in adults and children practicing sports
10. Eating disorders
11. Food supplements
12. The most common mistakes in the diet of athletes and children
|William D. McArdle (Autore), Frank I. Katch (Autore), Victor L. Katch (Autore), A. Parisi (Traduttore)||Alimentazione nello sport||Casa Editrice Ambrosiana||2001||ISBN 978-8-808-08512-2|
Written exam (30 multiple-choiche questions with 5 answers) + oral exam (when the written part is passed with a minimum of 18/30).
Piazzale L.A. Scuro, 10
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits