The elective course “Advanced Sports Nutrition”, offered in English, focuses on particularly complex aspects of human nutrition for sports. The course aims at providing technical competences and at stimulating a critical, quantitative and evidence-based approach that will allow the kinesiology expert to navigate the many captivating options advertised on the market. Through the use of the English language, the course aims at improving the understanding and the use of adequate scientific terminology and communication style; these are essential pre-requisites for an easy, independent and critical access to the international scientific literature.
1. High-Carbohydrate diets for sport
2. High-Protein diets for sport
3. Vegetarian diet and sport
4. Dietary regimes for weight loss and mantainance of optima body weight in sport
5. Caloric restriction regimes: chronic caloric restriction and intermittent fasting, fasting mimicking diet
6. Gastrointestinal problems in athletes
7. Food intollerance and allergy
|William D. McArdle, Frank I. Katch, Victor L. Katch||Sports and Exercise Nutrition (Edizione 4)||Lippincott Williams and Wilkins||2012||ISBN 9781451175738|
Written exam (20 multile choiche questions with 5 answers) + oral exam if written passed with a minimum of 18/30.
The exam will be in english.
Piazzale L.A. Scuro, 10
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits