1. Investigating the brain mechanisms underlying attentional capture/distractor suppression
2. Investigating the brain mechanisms underlying statistical learning phenomena in the attention domain
3. Study of the contribution of the premotor cortex to the reaching and grasping behaviors with the upper limb.
4. Study of the neural representation of automatic, consolidated goal-directed movements compared to movements based on abstract rules.
5. Study of the effects of TMS during spontaneous movement in an ecological context.
TMS (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) laboratory for experiments on human subjects designed to investigate the neural basis of visual selective attention, including: a Magstim2 rapid transcranial magnetic stimulator (Magstim); a full set of differently shaped stimulation coils (circular, figure-8 and double cone); “Softaxic-Optic neuronavigation system; CED amplifier; chin rests to control head position.