EpimiRNA - FP7-HEALTH-2013-INNOVATION-1, Grant Agreement N. 602130 EpiMiRNA
MicroRNAs in the Pathogenesis, Treatement and Prevention of Epilepsy.
The Main Objectives of EpiMiRNA are:
1) Identify conserved changes in functioning miRNAs in epileptogenesis and determine the mechanism(s) by which miRNA changes contribute to epileptogenesis
2) Identify the miRNAs that are functional in human TLE brain and evaluate how non-pharmacological interventions including brain stimulation modulate miRNAs
3) Determine the role of genetic variation in miRNAs and their biogenesis pathway in human TLE
4) Use systems biology to integrate miRNA bioinformatic and functional data to explain how miRNA expression changes promote epileptogenesis
5) Develop novel miRNA-modulating molecules as future therapeutics for epilepsy