MRI evaluation of pulmonary lesions induced by instillation of fMLP in mice
- MRI evaluation of pulmonary lesions induced by instillation of fMLP in mice
- Data inizio
- 1 luglio 2006
- Durata (mesi)
Neuroscienze, Biomedicina e Movimento
- Responsabili (o referenti locali)
- Parole chiave
- MRI, Imaging, Lung function decay, Smoking habitus, Antimicrobial activity
- Induction of pulmonary emphysema in C57BL/6J mice by intra-tracheal instillation of a peptide chemotactic for neutrophils (fMLP).
- Implementation of a non-invasive experimental protocol for detection of pulmonary emphysema.
We will test several MRI methodologies including forced ventilation with 02, pulmonary perfusion by contrast agents and ventilation with fluorinated gases. From this first step, we will select an MRI protocol (acquisition sequences, timing of the experiment, nucleus of interest etc) that we will compared with ex vivo examinations.
- Validation of the protocol through comparison with histology. MRI images obtained as described before will be compared with histological slices in order to validate the method.
- In vivo investigation of the efficacy of reference drugs. Some experiments will be performed to test the sensibility of the method to the efficacy of approved drugs.
Finanziamento: assegnato e gestito dal Dipartimento